eNTRANCE Daily Devotional
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Are your Feet Washed?

Go down

Are your Feet Washed? Empty Are your Feet Washed?

Post by Admin Mon Feb 06, 2017 5:51 pm

Are your Feet Washed?

“Jesus saith to him, He that is washed needeth not save to wash his feet, but is clean every whit: and ye are clean, but not all.” - John 13:10

“Now ye are clean through the word which I have spoken unto you.” – John 15:3

Christ speaking to Peter when He refused to allow Him wash his feet (13:Cool made this clear to us, that though we are (or paraphrased, ‘believe to be’) clean; there is still the need for perfection, the washing of our feet that is only done by our High Priest.

Sanctification is a process, not an event, it cannot be achieved in one day neither can it be done in emergency. Daily as we walk with God, there is need to renew our dedication to Him and be rechecked if we still truly stand in what we profess.
Why would the feet need to be washed even though we are clean?
“How beautiful upon the mountains are the feet of him that bringeth good tidings, that publisheth peace; that bringeth good tidings of good, that publisheth salvation; that saith unto Zion, Thy God reigneth!” – Isaiah 52:7

A Christian cannot be idle, Jesus Christ was not. Instead, the feet of a ‘gospeller’ are meant to always be on the run, coasting ranges of ridges. If this is truly and diligently done, we can imagine how dusty the feet can become (literally). Considering this Spiritually, every man is a content of the flesh and interacts among people with flesh, at times, the feet get dusty and need to be washed. In another sense, a continuous use of a cutlass without re-sharpening makes it inevitably dull. If we want our feet to remain beautiful we cannot escape the place of God’s regular cleansing. According to John 15:3 we are made clean by the Word, but consider the word ‘now’, meaning that our consecration by the power of the Word needs to be maintained and now! This is why we have the Holy Spirit ever present in us. We must however permit God to wash our feet always.

What Washing of the Feet does
“Jesus answered him, If I wash thee not, thou hast no part with me.” –John 13:8b
Do you want to have a part with Jesus? Then your feet must be washed. Someone rightly said, what Christ wants to present to God is a replica of Himself; this is in confirmation of Jude 1:24 “Now unto him that is able to keep you from falling, and to present you faultless before the presence of his glory with exceeding joy,” Faultless, blameless and unless He is allowed to put His check on us an continually wash our feet, we cannot be in the perfection He wants us to be. It is only a clean vessel God can behold; hence we must have our feet wash to remain acceptable to God.

In the Light of this, what must we do?
“Then cometh he to Simon Peter: and Peter saith unto him, Lord, dost thou wash my feet?” - John 13:6
Christ is willing to wash our feet, are we willing to accept this washing? To be washed, we need to daily approach the throne of Grace, remaining true to the Word from the altar of the Lord and desiring to be cleansed by Him even though we seem to always be. When Peter realized what was at stake if his feet were not washed, he asked that his whole body be washed. Are we only zealous for God’s cleansing when we hear Him speak, or is it our daily heart cry to remain ever sanctified? He wants a usual communion, not an impromptu cry for cleansing!

Talk to God: Father, I want to remain blameless, let not a day go by without you washing my feet in Jesus’ name, amen!

Article by: Joy Adeniran, for New ‘Salem Ministry

Admin
Admin

https://eohw.board-directory.net

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum